Tatango has launched an awesome new feature that will allow you to send a message to your clients at the same time based on their timezone. One of the biggest headaches you may have had is the simple task of sending a morning message. Let's say you want to send a 9am message. It seems simple enough with the Tatango schedule message feature, right? Well, not exactly. Them problem is if your account is on East Coast Time and you have clients on the West Coast then that means all of your Pacific Time Zone subscribers are going to be getting your message 6am their time. That would suck to say the least.
So to handle that, Tatango has launched our new Time Zone Segmenting. If you have collected zip codes using Tatango data collection, we will send the message based on the time zone the zip code is in. If you have not collected zip codes, no worries! We will use the area code of the number to determine what time zone they are in. It's really easy.
1) The new message page includes an option to send a scheduled message based on the recipient's time zone. (Please note, this must be scheduled 24+ hours in advance of the senders time zone)
2) After opt-in messages can be sent based on the recipient's timezone, provided the time is in days and is more than 24 hours in advance.
3) You can tell if a message was sent or is scheduled to be sent with Time Zone Segmenting by clicking on messaging, then either Sent or Scheduled. If it has a time zone specified, that means Time Zone Segmenting is NOT being used. If there is no clarified time zone, that means Time Zone Segmenting IS enabled.
4) Also if you click on View Report, you will can tell if the Time Zone Segmenting feature was enabled or not. If it was, there is no specified time zone in the report.
5) You can easily go in and edit a message that was scheduled to go out on your accounts time zone and implement the new Time Zone Segment.
6) Unfortunately at this point, once it's set the Time Zone Segmenting feature, you can't un-set it. To un-set it you would simply need to cancel and redo the message.
7) If a scheduled message has sent to some timezones not not all, the sent date will display as "In progress..."
**If you are unable to access this feature that means you are on a grandfathered account. Please email email@example.com to ask about upgrading your account.
Keywords: geofence, geofencing, timezone, timezones, area codes, area code.