Interested in sending to only subscribers in a certain geographic location? If so, then this is the feature you've been looking for.
- When creating a scheduled message to either all of your subscribers at the same time, or just to new subscribers after they've opted-in, scroll down the bottom of the page and select Send to Segment.
- Select the option "Location is", to send to only subscribers within a specific geographic location. If Tatango doesn't have a subscriber's zip code, either collected through a double opt-in, or website integration, we'll use the subscriber's area code to determine their zip code.
- Once the segment has been set, you can click the orange Refresh Segment button to determine how many subscribers fall within that geographic location, and how many subscribers will receive your message.
- That's it, finish your message as you normally would, then send/schedule/save.
- Because a lot of processing goes into calculating what subscribers a certain segment applies to, if you create multiple segments for the same message, your message may send out a few minutes after the scheduled time. This is because Tatango processeses this information the minute a message is scheduled to send, as we want to include all of your subscribers when calculating the size of your segment.
- If you are unable to access this feature that means you are on a grandfathered account. Please email us to ask about upgrading your account.
- This feature is not available for campaigns in Canada, only the United States.
- geo fencing, geofencing, geo-fencing, zip code, segment, target, targeting, segment, segmenting, segmentation, geotarting, geo-targeting, location based messaging, geolocation, geo-location